About UGADI Festival & Importance
The festival is celebrated with lots of fun and happiness , spirits, new clothes and abundance of some mouth-watering traditional cuisines. It is also the first day when there is a change in pattern of moon’s orbit. Ugadi is celebrated a day after the first moon and after the sun passes through the an imaginary circle equidistant from the celestial poles.
IMPORTANCE OF UGADI FESTIVEL
Ugadi has been important and historic festival of the Hindus, with medieval texts and inscriptions recording major charitable donations to Hindu temples and community centers on this day. This day is also celeberated as a New Year by Hindus in many other parts of our country.
PREPARATIONS FOR FESTIVALS
Preparations for the festival begin a week ahead. Houses are clean with clean water and dry with wet cloth. People buy new clothes. , decorate their houses gates with the fresh mango leaves. Mango leaves and coconuts are considered prosperous in the Hindu tradition, and they are used on the great day of Ugadi. People also clean the front of their house with water and cow dung paste, then draw colorful paintings with rangavallulu. People offer prayer in temples. The celebration of Ugadi is marked by religious zeal and a lively celeberation of party or festivety.
Special dishes are prepared for the occasion. In Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, eatables such as “pulihora, bobbatlu .New Year Burelu and Pachadi” and preparations made with raw mango go well with the occasion. This pachadi is most memorable to every one, where it tastes like a chutney which includes ingredients to give all flavors of sweet, sour, tangy and bitter. This festive Hindu food is made from tamarind paste, neem flowers, sugar or sweet jaggery, salt, and sometimes mango. It is a figurative reminder four phases of life cycle one should reasonably expect in the new year.
HOW UGADI PACHADI PREPARED?
- 5 cups of water.
- 2 tablespoons of peeled and chopped raw mango pieces.
- 1 tablespoonof Neem flowers.
- 3 tablespoonof jaggery.
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind pulp.
- Red chilli powder, according to requirement.
- Salt, according to taste.
Ugadi Bevu bella mixture have six different types tastes in it. It is also called as Shadruchulu meaning six tastes. Each ingredient will have different tastes.
- Jaggery- sweetness
- Chilli-hot and spiceness
AYURVEDIC SCIENCE BEHIND UGADI PACHADI
- In this Bevu bella mixture Neem has very special importantce. Neem has very much medicinal values. People call neem as “Pharmacy of Village”.
- Neem has anti-bacterial, anti fungal, anti-toxin properties. Neem is even used as an antibiotic for villagers to cure chicken pox disease, also to treat viral fevers, malaria, diabetes mellitus.
- Neem also kills intestinal parasites.
Neem is also used in tooth pastes,soaps,cosmetics,manure,cow fodder and also in other products.
- Jaggery increases blood haemoglobin level, also provides additional energy for the body.
Sugarcane is the raw material used for production of jaggery which helps to develop strong teeth also fight against germs also fights against jaundice.
SCIENTIFIC REASON BEHIND UGADI FESTIVEL
We Celebrate Ugadi festival but so many of us don’t know the science behind it. It is not just any religious festival but it has so much of scientific fact behind it let me tell you the science behind you got the festival in sweet and short.
According to Hindus calendar chandramana Ugadi is also called as Chaitra suddha padhyami is the beginning of New Year.
▪ It is most commonly celebrated by Andhra Telugu speaking peoples and Karnataka kannadigas. it is also celebrated by Maharashtra people who call Ugadi as Gudi Padwa.
▪ 1 st January it’s just a change of
calendar date but there is nothing said to be occurs any scientific or astronomical events on 1st January.
▪ Let me explain you astronomical and scientific events of UGADI Festival.
Peoples who are living near Vindhya Hills can observe Chandramana.
ASTRONOMICAL EVENTS OF UGADI
The world is Ugadi derived from Sanskrit word Yuga-adi meaning Yuga means period adi means beginning. It means the beginning of new time.
▪ Today the Earth AXIS is tilted in such a way that Northern hemisphere received the highest amount of sun energy carefully observe the image which we have provided in the post.
▪ It may be little discomfort for the humans because of high temperature but the earth gets charged.
▪ The day before ugadi is called as a Amavasya
▪ This means it is the last day of waning of Moon and the first day of waxing of moon. Which signifies the beginning of new time. It is observed as a first day of vasantha ruthuvu which means also called as a first day of spring season.
▪ From this day onwards trees plant start shedding their leaves and the new growth begans to appear.
▪ Even the nature also signifies the beginning of new time.
▪ on this prosperous day new hindu calendar started for hindus.
▪ Hindu calendar is not just significant culturally but it is connected astronomical year and scientific
TRADITION TO PREDICT THE NEW YEAR
- PanchangaShravanam or the tradition to predict the ugadi is done by the pujari or rushiii at the temples. The presiding of priest recalls all the participants of lord Brahma, the creator of the universe, before reading out annual forecasts as directed in the Panchanga. The reading of Panchanga includes the reading of other Tidhis .during the year and ends in the forecast of the different spheres of the social life and the effects of the various constellations on them.
- According to the scriptures, the benefits reaped by the reader and the listener are equivalent to having a dip in the holy waters of the Ganges. The people hearing the panchangam and gift the reader with some of money or food, and take his ashirvadh or blessings and offer new clothes to him.
- Traditionally PanchangaShravanam or listening to the yearly calendar was done at the Town square or the temples but nowadays, with the advent of modern technology, the priest scholar can be seen on the television and people listen to the Ugadipanchangampreditionsfrom the comfort of their homes.
SHLOKAM ON THE DAY OF UGADI
Shatayur Vajra Dehaya. Sarva Sampath
Karayacha. Sarva Rishta Vinashaya. I
Nimbakam Dala Bakshanam
MEANING BEHIND THIS SHLOKAM
“Let my body remain strong, like a diamond,
for a hundred years; O Lord, give me wealth
and prosperity; with the prayer that all the
bad in this world be destroyed, I eat this
mixture of neem buds and jaggery.”
▪ That life is a mixed bag of sweet and sour and the sooner we learn to deal with the failures and success.while as negatives and positives.
▪ we all know that life is a mixture of good things,bad things,sadness,failure, and successall .every one must accept all this things and should move on
▪ All experiences have to be treated with I
▪ Consider everything is for one’s own good.
Everyone should rise above sorrow,happiness,joy, success and failure.
▪ Prosperous days like Ugadi should be used for making sudden changes in life and to change our behaviour by removing all bad qualities from us
▪ Ugadi is a festival that teaches lessons in selfless service.
Hare Krishna Hare rama…..
HAPPY UGADI HAPPY NEW YEAR HAPPY NATURE CHANGE
WISH U ALL A HAPPY UGADI DAY MY DEAR FRIENDS